Let's talk about this for just a minute. I used to be one of those girls that wore some old shorts and a huge old t-shirt with holes in it to the gym. I would leer at those girls with their matchy matchy outfits, perfectly fixed hair and strategically matched tennis shoes. **sidenote- I still leer at the girls who bring in large tote bags and their cell phone. Please do not text on the machines. It's like texting and driving. Except you can't die. But you can look like an idiot.**
Well. I have had a slight change of heart. There is a boost of confidence that comes from some awesome workout gear. A lot of girls are into like yoga, beachy style workout gear. Like Lululemon. I am not one of those girls. In fact, I still am not 100% positive I know how to say Lululemon correctly. I think I shy away from them because 1. They are $$$ and 2. I don't have the slim body type that I always see prancing around in Lulu. No thank you, I don't want my entire back hanging out of my shirt.
I am a certified Nike addict. At first, I resisted. They are pretty pricey. But they just keep coming out with the COOLEST STUFF. Awesome patterns. Better and better dri-fit. And they have the best spokespeople. Spokeswomen? Meh. I mean, who doesn't want to look and train like Olympic athletes?
I even keep one of those old marketing print ads from the "Make Yourself _____" era as a background on my computer. Mine says "Make Yourself Fit".
So here are is some of my fav workout gear! Some I own, some that's on my wish list. After blowing too much moolah at the Nike store, I now only allow myself one thing per paycheck. And if it's shoes, that counts as 2 paychecks.
1. Nike Graphic Hoodie. I have this in the black, they didn't have this awesome citron color when I bought mine. Not fair.
2. Nike Pro Compression Capris. I always love these tight. But this girl cannot wear them. First of all, I need a drawstring. ::sigh:: Curvy girl problems right here. If I get the size that fits me in the legs and hips, it NEVER fits me in the waist. Then they fall and no one wants to running and pulling up their pants. Plus, this don't offer and sort of smoke and mirrors for the jiggle. Let's just be real here.
3.. Nike Relay Print Capris. These are my next thing to buy. Don't they look awesome? What a great spring/summer color. They better have them at my Nike store. You know what- the Nike Dallas store sucks. They hardly get anything good. I got my Nike Dip Dye capris from Sports Authority.
4. Nike Legend Twist Tie Capri. I mean, there is really nothing to say here. These are just plain awesome. If I find these at the same time as the above item, I might have to get both. Eeek.
5. Nike Free TR Fit 3. I have some Nike Free's that I got on sale, but didn't realize they really are just for running. The TR Fit is for cross training, like boot camp. They are totally different even if they don't look it. The TR Fit is way more flexible and a little wider which really helps with your stance when doing skaters lunges or any lateral work. I love them. I have a gray pair and that volt color above is next. Who wouldn't want to workout with a shoe like that?!
6. My Puma workout bag. It's actually a tote I think. I ordered it for vacation because uh hello cute carryon, but now I use it as my workout bag. I like it because it's sturdy and structured and I like the shoulder strap. I also have another Puma bag that is an actual workout bag with pockets and zippers and mesh and stuff. But this one is cuter. And sorry, you might be able to find this on eBay, but they definitely don't sell it in stores anymore.
7. My Gatorade water bottle. I got one for Christmas a while back. I used to steal friends in college (cause you know, athletes get all kinds of crap for free) and I love it. It's leak proof (unless you don't screw the cap on all the way, which I have done) and it is squeeze activated. Not one of those tops you have to pull up to drink out of then mid drink it closes on you.
8. High Speed Cable Jump Rope. I love to jump rose but I cannot even tell you how many I have been through. The plastic ones, the weighted ones, the rope ones, the vinyl ones. Nothing works. THEY ALWAYS GET CAUGHT. These cable ropes are what they use in Crossfit. They allow you to jump super fast without tripping. They are cheap and come in cool colors. I'm lame and got black on black haha.
9. Bondi Bands headbands. I learned about these through another Crossfitter. These are dri-fit (they also have Lycra options in AWESOME PATTERNS) headbands that are super wide, so they hold all that hair back. They say they don't slip but one of my Lycra ones totally does. I got an orange one, a bright star pattern and a neon green zebra pattern. **sidenote- you can customize them. How cool would it be to make some Tone It Up and Beach Babe ones?!**
10. Last but not least, my prize possession: my Gymboss. It's a beeping interval timer. It also vibrates so you can still feel it when you are jammin out. You set the rounds and the times and no more watching the treadmill or wondering when to switch workouts. I clip mine onto my sports bra strap. I've had mine for years, just like the one above. I feel like it's time to upgrade. Maybe just because they have new colors and they look new now. Waahhhh. Lol.
As for what shirts I wear when I workout? None. Haha sike. No one wants to see that. I have a couple ombre tunics from Nike, but other than that I literally have like 4 packs of men's white v-necks by Fruit of the Loom. I cannot STAND anything tight. No sports tanks or fitted cute workout shirts. Nope. I will hyperventilate from claustrophobia. Needless to say, I wash whites a lot lol.
Just out of the gym (pat on the back for sticking to my Bikini Series cardio and working out at night! I hate going to the gym after work, I'm a morning glory) now to heat up some leftovers and clean up around the house so I can go out of town this weekend for my birthday!! Woohoo!